Pistachios: Love is in the Air
Known as The Love Nut for its heart healthy and aphrodisiac properties, it's no wonder pistachios attract Cupid's magic in the orchards. Male and female trees at Orandi Ranch eagerly await Spring when new buds will be visible.
Cupid's love-tipped bow visits our orchards.
In Greek mythology Eros, known as Cupid---the son of Venus and Aphrodite---with his bow and magic-tipped arrow is an iconic association with Valentine's Day. Early celebrations may have evolved from the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, which celebrated Spring and fertility pairing young men and women together for one year. At ARO Pistachios, Inc., our pairing is Himalayan Pink Salt and our gourmet colossal pistachios!
St. Valentine's Day is derived from Saint Valentine who conducted secret wedding ceremonies and was martyred circa 269. In 496 February 14th was designated as a celebration in honor of his martyrdom. He is often depicted with roses. St. Valentine's Day became popular in England during the 17th century and enthusiasm for the holiday spread to North America. Today Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14th in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, and Australia. And at Orandi Ranch we celebrate pistachio love every day.
Valentine's Day traditions and factoids:
* S.W.A.K. Americans began exchanging hand-made valentines in the early 1700s. Today 75% of Americans exchange Valentine's Day cards, of which 85% purchasing those cards are women.
* Flowers. An estimated 110 million roses are expected to be sent this year on Valentine's Day. We give pistachios as a symbol of heart healthy love and natural aphrodisiac.
* Chocolate. The Chocolate Manufacturer's Association of America expects 36 million boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentine's Day. The first Valentine's Day candy box was created in the late 1800s and now 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are bought for Valentine's Day. Stay tuned for our debut of ARO Pistachios pristine-ly dusted Himalayan Pink Salt Dark Chocolate Drizzled pistachio kernels!
* Weddings. During Valentine's Day week in Las Vegas, Nevada, the marriage license bureau is open 24 hours a day to accommodate the spike in wedding ceremonies.
* Meanwhile in Terra Bella, our folklore suggests lovers who meet under a moonlit night in the orchards will be happy in fortune and love forever. Feeling Orandi?
Pistachio Love Facts: Nature's Aphrodisiac
* According to studies reported by the American Pistachio Growers Association, erectile dysfunction can subside by consuming 3.5 ounces of pistachios daily for 3 weeks.
* The U.S. Food and Drug Administration states that tree nuts such as pistachios can assist in managing healthy cholesterol levels, inflammation, and blood vessel health. Make superfood pistachios---packed with antioxidants---your true love. Love yourself today and a little more tomorrow!