Highlights from the American Pistachio Growers annual conference 2014
February marks the annual conference of American Pistachio Growers (APG), a voluntary organization consisting of the pistachio farming community of which ARO Pistachios is a proud member. This year's conference highlighted the overwhelming beneficial and tasty health facts and findings of pistachio consumption and launched a global campaign to increase awareness on a world-wide scale. EVERY BODY benefits from daily consumption of nuts (unless you have a tree nut allergy) and the pistachio nut in particular consistently proves itself as the lead performer when it comes to all-a] Global marketing endeavors of APG aim to increase awareness about the overwhelming nutritional benefits of simply eating pistachios! See USA Today, February 18th Section 10B.
The "PistachioMobile" promotes pistachios as one of the healthiest post-workout recovery snacks on the planet! The #PistachioMobile is covered with athletic prowess. Why so much?
* Pistachios are scientifically proven to be an optimum post-recovery workout snack. * The nutrition content of pistachios makes it the lowest-calorie nut with some of the highest benefits of all nuts (and snack foods on the planet)!
Other Nut-Sized Nutrition Facts for 1 Serving of Pistachios:
* 1 serving = 49 individual pistachio nuts, the most amount of any tree nut
* a naturally cholesterol-free snack
* contains as much potassium as an orange
* provides an equal amount of dietary fiber as an orange or an apple
* when eaten with a high-carb food, decreases blood sugar levels, an important factor in reducing risk of diabetes
* high in phytosterols which lower cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of heart disease
* contains as much B6 as 1/2 an avocado * provides protein as an alternative to meat, poultry, and beans
* Power up your snacking regimen with convenient 6 OZ gourmet ARO Pistachio packs available in quantities of 12 and by the case of 56.