February #HeartHealth #HeartMonth <3
February is known as The Love Month at ARO Pistachios.
The pistachio---The Love Nut, itself---is celebrated on National Pistachio Day, February 26th! Valentine's Day pitter patter, February 14th! And all month long, American Heart Association raises #HeartHealth awareness.
Wrap a bear hug around these pistachio Love Nut facts excerpted per American Pistachio Growers:
- "Pistachios contain an array of nutrients that may contribute to heart-health."
- "Pistachios contain good-for-you fats."
- "Pistachios have plant-based compounds that may act as antioxidants such as vitamin E, polyphenols, and carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin."
- "Scientific research suggests that pistachios may help to support a strong heart and healthy blood vessels."
- "Calorie-controlled portions of pistachios may help to support healthy cholesterol levels."
- "Pistachios are a naturally cholesterol-free food."
BONUS: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recognizes that tree nuts including pistachios, can be part of a heart-healthy diet.